logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] address search and road names with refs

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Mar 18 15:11:18 GMT 2015

Hi all,

if I got it right, the default style creates roads with names like
(B101) Leipziger Strasse for this way
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/144257391

with name=Leipziger Straße and ref=B101

With the new --x-split-name-index option I will
find this road when I search for "Leipziger",
but when I know an address like
"Leipziger Str. xxx, Freiberg"
I have to select the right version of the street
if the list shows also other entries
like "Leipziger Strasse" (without the ref),
means, I have to try the different versions
until one shows a plausible result for the
given number xxx.

I wonder if this could be improved somehow?
How do Garmin maps handle this?