logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem to understand splitter.jar --description

From Bernd Weigelt weigelt.bernd at web.de on Fri Mar 6 15:45:26 GMT 2015

Am Freitag, 6. März 2015, 08:12:51 schrieb Gerd Petermann:
> I think Bernd should either not use the template.args
> file or add --description=xyz before --gmapsupp  ?
>
> I never looked at it: What tool shows the description
> of an individual tile and where?

Hi Gerd
template.args shouldn't overwrite mkgmap's description, while splitter's
description has to much limits

splitter's description is not the best solution, when you created more then
one layer(=gmapsupp.img) for a region, because you can't get something like
bonn_20150503_1700_basemap oder bonn_20150503_1700_fixme,
only the description you set in template.args, here bonn_20150503_1700. or you
have to run splitter for every layer. splitter and my dach extract takes ~ 9
minutes per run

with mkgmap's description i can created different descriptions, but then i
can't use template.args. and with mkgmap's description i can see more the one
installed gmapsupp of bonn

But template.args with cities15000.zip is a good possibility to find out in
which tiles which city is, see the splitter.log, maybe it is usable in
different ways.

Bernd

--
amarok2 now playing: