logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Complex ocean polygon hiding the islands

From Alexandre Loss alexandre.loss at gmail.com on Sat Feb 28 04:33:18 GMT 2015

Hi guys,

Please see if any of you can help me ...

I have an ocean polygon with multiple edges and in the middle of these
there are several islands that are in fact holes in the polygon.
Here's an example:

[image: Imagem inline 1]

Showing only the contour lines, the polygon is drawn as follows:

[image: Imagem inline 2]
Zooming...
[image: Imagem inline 3]

When I compile the map, the islands/holes are overlapped by the sea.
I noticed that when the polygon is less complex, this overlapping phenomena
doesn't happens. Its looks like mkgmap simplifies complex polygons.

Is there any option that I can use in mkgmap to respect the layout of
complex ocean polygons?

By the way, if this isn't the right list to ask this kind of question,
please let me know cause I'm new here.

Thanks.

Alexandre