logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] address search and mixed index

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Feb 26 09:35:49 GMT 2015

Hi all,

maybe you can help me with an open problem. I am not sure sure if this is
a case of "garbage-in -> garbage-out" or not.

I see a lot of houses with plausible tags addr:housenumber and addr:street
which are close to a road that has no name or a different name.

A typical example is a village like Stühren:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/378300184#map=17/52.89235/8.71508

Almost all buildings are all tagged with addr:street="Stühren",
but the main road through the village is the L340:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/26701165
which has no name and many buildings are close to it.

I think the postal address for these buildings is really something like
"Stühren 28, 27211 Bassum,Germany"

With trunk and r3477 in the housenumber2 branch I see rather bad results
for this  because the housenumbers are only added to those roads that
have the name "Stühren".
I wonder if the housenumber option should add the name "Stühren" to
(a part of) L340 ?

Or should we try to handle this with bounds containing villages and some style rules?