logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Overview map in gmapsupp.img?

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Sat Feb 21 11:35:55 GMT 2015

Hi Ralf,

 >- When I enable the basemap I see my map in zoom levels 8km and below.
 >>From 12 km and above I see the basemap.

 >- When I disable the basemap I see my detailed map tiles in zoom levels
 >120km and below. It shows way too much detail and it takes very long to
 >draw the map.

That's how map is designed. Default definitions for levels in mkgmap is:
--levels=0:24,1:22,2:20,3:18

This means, that last level has 18-bit resolution and is visible in zoom
range 5-8km (this depends also on detail settings in device). Above
these zoom GPS uses basemap. If you disable basemap, then you see last
level from detailed map, which contains too many data to be displayed
fast and clean.

The proper solution for you would be to add more levels to detailed map.
Try to use this option for mkgmap:
--levels=0:24,1:22,2:20,3:18,4:16,5:14

This should include proper levels for zoom up to 120km. You can add even
more levels, but probably at these levels map won't be better than
basemap already present in GPS.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej