logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Street labels

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Fri Feb 20 13:36:48 GMT 2015

Hi Brian

> Some change between 3434M and HEAD caused my street labels to change.
> With 3434M, my GPS typically displays something like 'Main Street (CT
> 35)', now it only shows '35'. Basically, every street/highway with a
> shield displays only the number of the shield instead of displaying the
> name.

I don't quite understand the problem you see, but there is a change
in r3449 which seems to remove shields altogether? (perhaps only sometimes).

I've traced it to version 3449 where I added an ill-considered trim()
to the label, which removes all shields too.  I'll revert that change
straight away.  The trimspaces2.patch that was previously applied in
r3435 should do the same thing except correctly.

As I'm not sure if that is exactly the same problem that you reported
can you try out r3472 and see if the problem persists.

..Steve