logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] r3469 in housenumber2 branch

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Feb 20 12:40:49 GMT 2015

Hi Bernd,

thanks for testing. I am esp. interested in all special cases,
so I am going to add more code to verify the results next week.

Typical problem cases which are probably not handled well:
- long unnamed service roads leading to multiple addresses
- long roads connecting two or more villages. Often, numbering starts
with 1 in each village, this leads to a lot of messages.
- in small villages, I often see addr:street=<village-name>
and many streets with name=<village-name>, but also
a primary  road road without a street name, e.g. B213.
Houses close to this primary road are probably accessible from
the primary road, but address search will not show that.
I am not sure if that should be fixed in OSM or not.

If you find other typical cases, please let me know.

Gerd

Bernd Weigelt wrote