logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] housenumber2 branch

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Feb 18 11:39:46 GMT 2015

Hi all,

I think r3466 is now stable enough for a first public test.
It is fully compatible with trunk r3449.

Improvements compared to trunk:
1) Number nodes are now supported. A number node
is a special node, house number intervals start and end with
a number node. In trunk, only route nodes (road junctions and
end points) are used for this, in the branch we can add many more
number nodes. The advantage is that we can create more (and smaller)
intervals when needed.

2) The number nodes are used to support "random" house numbers
(numbers with no particular order). The program simulates an address search
for any of the house numbers found in OSM data. If a number is found in multiple places,
the corresponding intervals are split so that wrong overlaps are removed.
This should lead to good results for correct OSM data and
better results for wrong data like duplicate numbers with large distances
and other typical copy+paste errors.

3) An additional step is performed to improve the results of the address search.
As a result, an address search should point you to a point on the road that is not
more than 40m away from the closest point. The trunk version doesn't
care about this and results maybe > 200m away.

Performance:  The img size increases by a a few KB, compile time is a bit higher,
routing should work as with trunk.
Use logging property
uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.osmstyle.housenumber.level=INFO
to get details.

Todo: Support for addr:place , code review and unit tests

Any feedback is welcome.