logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mixed index branch merge

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Sun Feb 15 04:14:06 GMT 2015

Hi,

 > I can't imagine someone wanting all the languages in the map at the
 > same time. Can the Garmin format even handle that?

City Navigator maps support multiple languages. Street names change,
when you change language settings in GPS. For example, if you use
German, then street name is "Waldheimer Weg" but in Italian you see "Via
Villa del Bosco". I have found this example in South Tyrol–Trentino region.

Not possible with mkgmap but you can add multiple labels to a street and
all should be included in search index. I think in most cases we could
put stopwords for 2-3 languages. For case above, we can set both "via"
and "weg" as stopwords in Italy.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej