logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] help needed for graphical problem

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Thu Feb 12 23:06:17 GMT 2015

Hi Gerd,

looking at "Kompakte Variante" i think that for each calculated point
(x,y) this is true:

err = (x - xS +1)*dy + (y - yS +1)*dx

where xS and yS are start coordinates - initial value for x0, y0.

If you find arbitrary intermediate point on the line and round its
position to nearest Garmin grid point, then you get values for x, y and
you can calculate err. And simply make some more iteration, finding a
point, where err is the lowest.

Ok, I can make a mistake somewhere, I haven't tested it, but it looks
for me as a valid solution.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej