logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] help needed for graphical problem

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Thu Feb 12 20:00:04 GMT 2015

Hi Gerd,

 > Or do you see a simple way to limit the
 > iteration to a part of the way near the wanted point?

I have looked at algorithm here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bresenham%27s_line_algorithm

It looks simple, it calculates error to grid at each step by adding a
value representing ascent (or descent) of a line. If error is bigger
than 0.5 grid, then coordinate is increased and error recalculated
against new coordinate. State of algorithm is defined by 3 values: grid
coordinates and error. I think there shouldn't be a problem, to restore
these 3 variables for any point (grid point) of a line and then make
next 10 iterations.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej