logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] help needed for graphical problem

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Feb 12 18:29:07 GMT 2015

Hi Andrzej,

Yes, very long lines are no problem regarding optics,
but may cause trouble when the bresenham algo iterates
very often. Or do you see a simple way to limit the
iteration to a part of the way near the wanted point?

My current algo tries to split the line when the address search for a house
returns a point that is more than 40 m away from the closest possible point.
If that is not possible without visible distortion, it may also add an empty
segment.

Maybe 20m are also reasonable, but a much smaller value doesn't improve
much while it will incease img size a lot. Maybe I add an option to
configure the threshold values.

Anyway, it seems that there is no simple solution so I'll continue with what
I have.
A first usable version should be ready within the next days.
It will also support the typically random numbers from addr:place=* tags.

Gerd

popej wrote