logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] help needed for graphical problem

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Feb 12 16:39:51 GMT 2015

Hi Andrzej, Mike,

I am not splitting short lines here, I talk about lines of > 50 m.
If you have such a rather long line with delta_lat = 1 and delta_lon > 50
there is no point where I can split the line without
creating one horizontal part and another that still has
delta_lat = 1, both parts building a visible angle,
so in that case I would not split.
With delta_lat > 10 it is likely to find a point that is close to the
straight
line and not too far away from the calculated cut point.

If you take my "bed of nails" example, I am searching for a nail
that is close enough (~10m) to a given point on the rubber band and very
close
to the rubber band itself (< 0.5m).

My current solution is to raster the line with the Bresenham algo
and check the points which are close to the wanted one.
I think it is no problem regarding performance, but it seems not very
elegent.

Gerd

popej wrote