logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Railway tracks drawn around station buildings

From Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com on Mon Feb 9 14:47:21 GMT 2015

Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl> writes:

>> I think that's a major bug.
>
> It is a bug, but a minor one. It doesn't make mkgmap crash, it doesn't
> break map functionality and problem is not very visible on map.

I meant in terms of being usable and approachable for new users.  People
giving up is not so different than crashing in the end.

>> The default style should the equivalent of
>> the released carto stylesheet and be the best known way to make a
>> reasonable broadly-usable translation of the database.
>
> This is impossible. I mean, default style creates a basic map. You
> should expect that it is correct and usable, but in no aspect you can
> call it "the best". And "the best" rating depends on map purpose and
> user preferences, so better we stay at "correct" grade ;)

Of course it's impossible to achieve, but many steps toward the goal are
easy.  I was reacting to the notion that fixing the railway station
rendering didn't belong in the default style.