logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Railway tracks drawn around station buildings

From Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com on Mon Feb 9 12:31:54 GMT 2015

Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl> writes:

> i always have treated default style as an example, not a real part of
> mkgmap program. I have assumed that some simplifications in this style
> are allowed ;)

I think that's a major bug.  The default style should the equivalent of
the released carto stylesheet and be the best known way to make a
reasonable broadly-usable translation of the database.

In general, mkgmap has been unnnecesarily hard to use; best practice
involves giving lots of options.  I realize  this doesn't 10% make
sense, but running it with essentially no options and the default style
should get the standard result (thought to be best for some group of
normal users with normal devices).