logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Firmware V4.00 on new Marine Devices

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Feb 5 14:29:33 GMT 2015

Hi Jürgen,

I did not download that old map because I have no idea what to look for.
Maybe the problem is in the OSM data, not in the program?
Do you have a backup of an older *.pbf file to try that?

Gerd

From: rheinskipper1000 at gmx.de
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 15:10:27 +0100
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Firmware V4.00 on new Marine Devices

Thank you Gerd for your very fast reply. Is it really enough to exchange just the mkgmap.jar but keep the libraries to completely go back to r3316. Unfortunately I was not able to find the problem, yet. If I make maps with this mkgmap-r3316 they do not run on any current marine device with firmware 4.00 or 4.20. I made maps using my style and my options but also with default style and default options. No matter what I try, there will be the “map not supported” message on the Echomap 50s. But amazingly this old map, I made with r3316 in 2014 runs perfectly:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B77DBX0gCRYsOE8zT29OdkVVX1U/view?usp=sharing RegardsJürgen   Von: mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk [mailto:mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk] Im Auftrag von Gerd Petermann