logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] POI Index

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Wed Feb 4 18:11:52 GMT 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 04, GerdP wrote:

> in the subject you mention the index. AFAIK we can easily add a new tag like
> mkgmap:add-to-index=no which tells mkgmap which map objects are
> not be placed in the index.
> I am not so sure about the effect. If I got it right, the device might still
> show the POIs in the lists, but without index that might be slower.

Depends on the device/firmware.
My GPSMap 60CSx only shows this POIs, which are part of the index
and not in special ranges. Searching for POIs is very fast.

My GPSMap 62s shows always all POIs, and searching for POIs is
always slow. I need to do a reset after updating the maps to have
the search useable. My impression is, it does not use the index at
all.

  Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)