logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How to add millions of addresses to your garmin maps of France

From paco.tyson at free.fr paco.tyson at free.fr on Wed Feb 4 11:37:49 GMT 2015

Hi Stéphane, Gerd,

I see that you have already discussed this issue.

However, I checked your case and found something:

1) From osm.org, I search "3 Chemin de la Source de Baduel, cayenne", Nominatim knows the address and points to this building : http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/71465825#map=19/4.92915/-52.30935 .
2) BANO locates "3 Chemin de la Source de Baduel, cayenne" on another building, 200 m apart : http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/71476554

When you're searching on the garmin map, which building are you looking for ?

You said also that you're finding 2 different points, maybe they're located at these two buildings ?
Note that the building returned by Nominatim is probably the wrong one (it's missing the addr:street tag), it looks like it should belong to the unnamed road.
Gerd, is it possible that mkgmap does the same mistake, hence the 2 different points for the same address ?

Paco

----- Mail original -----
De: "Stéphane MARTIN" <st3ph.martin at laposte.net>
À: "Development list for mkgmap" <mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk>
Envoyé: Mardi 3 Février 2015 21:54:19
Objet: Re: [mkgmap-dev] How to add millions of addresses to your garmin maps of France

Hi,

Thank you very much Paco Tyson :-) for your script.

I made a test with French Guiana and it seems working fine…
I obtain a file guyane-latest-with-bano.osm.pbf and mkgmap compiles it
with no error.

However, searching an address in the device (etrex 30) or in BaseCamp is
the same as before.

e.g. I search «3 Chemin de la Source de Baduel» in Cayenne.
The address is located on a building (verified with bano-guyane.osm in
Josm) but on my map the result is pointing approximately to the
beginning of the street!

I use the default style with modifications but not in inc/address.

Options :
--max-jobs --latin1 --area-name=$COUNTRY \
--bounds=../bounds.zip \
--route \
--index --tdbfile --housenumbers \
--location-autofill=is_in,nearest \
--name-tag-list=name:fr,int_name,name \
--adjust-turn-headings \
--process-destination --process-exits \
--x-add-indirect-links \
--verbose \
--style-file="$WORKDIR/styles/$STYLE/" \
--list-styles --check-styles \
--family-name="$COUNTRY OSM $STYLE" \
--series-name="$COUNTRY-OSM-$STYLE" \
--mapname=$MAPNAME \
--overview-mapnumber=$MAPNAME \
--reduce-point-density=4 --reduce-point-density-polygon=8 \
--polygon-size-limits="24:12, 18:10, 16:8, 14:4, 12:2, 11:0" \
--preserve-element-order \
--add-pois-to-lines \
--add-pois-to-areas \
--report-similar-arcs \
--link-pois-to-ways \
--min-size-polygon \
--drive-on=detect --check-roundabouts --check-roundabout-flares \
--make-opposite-cycleways \
--country-name="$COUNTRY" --country-abbr="$ABBR" \
--precomp-sea="$WORKDIR/sea.zip" --generate-sea=multipolygon \

An idea what I'm doing wrong ?

Steph

…