logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Distorted lines

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Jan 30 08:29:30 GMT 2015

Hi Nick,

I think we still can improve distorted shapes, but lines
are pretty to close to what is possible.
I think of the Garmin format as a bed of nails.
Near the equator the nails have a distance of ~2.3 m
with resolution 24. If you go north or south, the horizontal distance
decreases.
Drawing a line on this bed of nails is like
connecting some of the nails with a rubber band.

Shapes are more complicated than lines because
you may not want to produce gaps between them
in some cases, e.g. with buildings.

Gerd