logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problems with address search in Germany

From Bernd Weigelt weigelt.bernd at web.de on Wed Jan 28 13:48:52 GMT 2015

Hi

since a few days, don't know the exact date, i have problems with the address
search in Germany on my Oregon 650. The problem is not related to the new
firmware 4.40, i got it also with 4.30

A, hopely understandable, description

search for an address, before the problem i got a menu
first line 'Spell Country'
second line 'Deutschland'

now i got only 'Country' in the second line

next step
add the country name 'Deutschland' seems to work

third step
'Spell City'
adding 'Koln' breaks after 'Ko' results in some cities with 'Ko' like Konz or
Korschenbroich
move the cursors manually to the third position behind the 'o' add 'ln',
results in 'No results found'

Searching for streets in Cologne didn't work, too

But with with
mkgmap:country=* {echotags ''}
in inc/address, i got following as example.

4611686018434217727 (4611686018434217727) -
[mkgmap:admin_level6=Köln,
mkgmap:admin_level9=Chorweiler,
mkgmap:admin_level5=Regierungsbezirk Köln,
name=Bundesamt für Verfassungsschutz,
addr:city=Köln,
mkgmap:postcode=50765,
addr:postcode=50765,
mkgmap:postal_code=50765,
addr:street=Merianstraße,
mkgmap:street=Merianstraße,
mkgmap:tagsincomplete=true,
addr:housenumber=96,
mkgmap:mp_created=true,
mkgmap:cache_area_size=4114.5802001953125,
mkgmap:housenumber=96,
building=yes,
mkgmap:country=DE,
addr:country=DE,
mkgmap:stylefilter=polygon,
mkgmap:admin_level4=Nordrhein-Westfalen,
mkgmap:region=Köln,
mkgmap:admin_level10=Volkhoven/Weiler,
mkgmap:city=Chorweiler]

It strikes me that mkgmap_country for germany has only the letters 'DE' i've
expected mkgmap:country=DEU Belgium or the Nederlands are correct tagged
withmkgmap:country=BEL or mkgmap:country=NLD

Where is the problem?

thanks
Bernd