logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] echo improvements for elements with fake ids

From Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com on Mon Jan 19 13:06:23 GMT 2015

@Mike - Wonderful idea. I'm a complete newbie here but have been using
mkgmap for a while now with good results. I was just asking about the
echotags feature on the OSM Garmin list, and more specifically what the
long number was that precedes the message. Now I read that it will be made
to do some useful work for OSMers. How long before this patch makes it into
the released application do you think?

Cheers,

Dave

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 6:55 PM, Mike Baggaley <mike at tvage.co.uk> wrote:

> The attached patch improves the echo and echotags messages by including the
> id of the original element when a fake id is generated by mkgmap, thus
> enabling you to find it in OSM.
>
> Please try, and commit if you are happy with the change.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska