logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] difference between addlabel and poi-address

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Jan 19 07:12:03 GMT 2015

Hi Walter,

> Just one small clarification about the address field.
>
> If I set --poi-address than the address field is filled by mkgmap
> and I can manipulate the content using the trick with mkgmap:phone.
>
> If I set --no-poi-address than the address field is left blank by mkgmap
> and I also cannot fill it with any command via the style file.
>
> I hope I understood this correct.
yes, just one hint:  --poi-address is the default

> At last I would like to report one optical issue in --poi-address
> generation:
> There is a line break between street and postcode, but no line break between
> city and phone.
>
> e.g.
> Street Nr
> postcode, city+49 123
> 4567
>
> It would be much nicer, to display the address field with one more line
> break.
> Street Nr
> postcode, city
> +49 123 4567
>
> If someone is spending the effort in changing this, maybe a small
> enhancement could also be done.
The formatting is done by the Garmin software, not by mkgmap.
It just fills individual fields and we have a few flags for the whole
tile to say how to format them. These flags are configured
in resources/LocatorConfig.xml , e.g. Island (and Germany)
have streetBeforeHousenumber="true" postalcodeBeforeCity="true"

> Would it make sense to add unit (maybe even door, if available) to
> housenumber?
> addr:housenumber/addr:unit/addr:door

Well, the current code for the --housenumbers option will treat a
housenumber like "3/5/3" like "3", so I think you can do that in the
style.