logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] difference between addlabel and poi-address

From Walter Schlögl Walter.Schloegl-Resch at aon.at on Sun Jan 18 18:28:37 GMT 2015

Hi Minko and Gerd,

yes you are right, this is a restriction of the Garmin POIs.

This spreadsheet was a good tip, I did not know it yet.
Unfortunately there is no POI group with text display, not supressing the
address info.

I have tried it with a trick, using 2 POIs, one with text display and
another with address info.
The Garmin device is showing a memory full message and the hole map is not
shown.
So I'm leaving it as it is without any more tries.

Just one small clarification about the address field.

If I set --poi-address than the address field is filled by mkgmap
and I can manipulate the content using the trick with mkgmap:phone.

If I set --no-poi-address than the address field is left blank by mkgmap
and I also cannot fill it with any command via the style file.

I hope I understood this correct.

At last I would like to report one optical issue in --poi-address
generation:
There is a line break between street and postcode, but no line break between
city and phone.

e.g.
Street Nr
postcode, city+49 123
4567

It would be much nicer, to display the address field with one more line
break.
Street Nr
postcode, city
+49 123 4567

If someone is spending the effort in changing this, maybe a small
enhancement could also be done.
Would it make sense to add unit (maybe even door, if available) to
housenumber?
addr:housenumber/addr:unit/addr:door

Walter