logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Solution to show transliterated name if no other ascii name exists

From Walter Schlögl Walter.Schloegl-Resch at aon.at on Tue Jan 13 21:01:04 GMT 2015

Hi Steve,

your new translit feature is working great.

For country=GRC e.g. I can show the int, english, german or french name
first,
and the original name in bracket, or other way round.

For the place Ροσινιόλ he could not find any int_name or name:xx
so the transliterated name Rosiniol will be used,
but - and that is new - the original name ist still shown and not lost.

Great feature, makes a map with cyrilic or arabic char. much more readable.

I am woundering, why not more users had asked for it,
but I'm so happy you have implemented it.

Thanks a lot

Do you know, if the logfile can only be written in ANSI coding,
or if there is a way to use unicode for logfiles?

Walter