logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] small issue with Way.getCofG()

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Jan 7 06:54:39 GMT 2015

Hi Mike,

on my PC the performance of your algo is quite good.
Attached is a patch that contains your patch as well as my quick implementation
of the algo described here:
http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1212/1212.3193.pdf

The patch tests only performance, it computes the center with the 3 different algos,
I've commented the part that prints times and GPX data for debug purposes.

I noticed that the results between both algos are very different, I did not
yet try to find out which one is better, but mine is much slower on my PC.
I also noticed that your algo doesn't always calculate a point in the polygon,
see e.g.   way 178708143.

If you like, please try to find a better compromise, I like to fix a problem in
splitter first.
I also did not yet look at the effect on the house number code, as there are many
more small open problems, but I think it should be easy to sort that out.

Gerd