logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How to use extended line types

From Walter Schlögl Walter.Schloegl-Resch at aon.at on Tue Jan 6 12:56:25 GMT 2015

I am trying to use an extended line type for an overlay but I'm not
successfull.

The following information I found in style-manual.pdf on page 30:

    2. If a type is >= 0x010000, it is an extended type, which can be used
for points, lines, and polygons.

This means, extended types for lines are supported, but I could not find any
further description in this document.

In the wiki
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/Polyline_Types
I found this information:

For use in mkgmap styles the type and subtype of a polyline are simply
concatenated: type 0x12 and subtype 0x34 become 0x1234.
As the marine types are marked in mkgmap notation by adding 0x10000 to them,
so the type 0x12 and subtype 0x34 become 0x11234 as a marine type.

I have tried with linetype 0x1901, but I could not address it neither as
0x1901 nor as 0x11901.
Does anybody have an example, how extended line types above 0x00-0x3f can be
used?

Walter