logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] A few thoughts on non-rectangular tiles

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Dec 19 10:55:06 GMT 2014

Hi Carlos,

yes, you are right, and splitter is using it.
I thought the missing name was the reason for the introduction of  the
polygon-desc-file parameter in splitter, but in fact it was the possibility to
define multiple areas with different names, and I think that is not possible
with the *.poly format.
After writing my previous post I thought it would
also be a good thing to extract an area from the bounds files.
The advantage would be that we don't have to mess with different
areas in the boundaries and a polygon file, but I am not sure
that the existing format allows that, as it is optimized for the LocationHook.

Gerd