logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] multi-word street search

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Thu Dec 18 02:42:37 GMT 2014

Hi,

I confirm problems in Mapsource when search include city.

I have studied cpreview source a bit. It looks like "trailingFlags" in
MDR7 are more complicated, when multi-word sort is used. The lowest bit
of flag is a marker for new group of streets with the same name. Other
bits indicate some sort order, probably calculated from first part of
name, which is removed to get partial name. I don't know if order is
calculated for single map or globally.

If any trailingFlags is greater than 254, then size of MDR7 record is
increased by 1 byte.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej