logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] addr:place and housenumbers

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Sun Dec 14 18:50:44 GMT 2014

Hi Gerd,

I like this addition to style, but I can't estimate, how many roads
would get names. I think there are some regions, where streets in a city
lack names. It could be wrong to force names to multiple streets in a
dense urban area. Probably this addition should be used with care and
maybe enabled per country?

Or maybe place name could be added to a street as secondary label? For
example streets with ref number could get additional label and ref in a
shield would remain as a visible name.

I have looked at some addr:place in Poland. Unfortunately there is no
boundaries with admin level >= 8 for these places and level 7 would be
too generic. Addition in style alone won't be sufficient.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej