logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] multi-word street search

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sun Dec 14 15:07:00 GMT 2014

Hi Gerd

> Not sure if this is true. You use a rather complex method to sort
> the road names before writing the img file. If I got it right, you use
> a simple sort method which uses String.compareTo()
> when you sort the index entries.

Where is that? I did see that I have some String.equals() instead
of collator.compare() tests in the mdr still.  I am changing the
ones I find.

> There is still the not-found problem, which I will get back to.

I think I have this solved.  It is caused by shields. The shield
does not count when calculating the offset of the word to be
indexed.  I believe I have proved that but the code is just a
hack, I need to work out how to do this properly.

> Good luck!
> BTW: the display tool r440 uses a method NetHeader.getRoadShift() which
> is not yet in trunk.

Right sorry about that.

..Steve