logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] addr:place and housenumbers

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Dec 13 08:12:16 GMT 2014

Hi all,

seems nobody else is interested ?
If I got it right, the combination
addr:place=* & addr:housenumber=* & addr:street!=*
is not often used, mappers seem to prefer to
give all streets in a hamlet the name of the hamlet,
so that they can use the normal scheme with
addr:housenumber=* & addr:street=*

I used osmfilter on europe
osmfilter.exe europe.o5m --keep="addr:place= and addr:housenumber=" --drop="addr:street=" -o=addr_place.o5m
and found that most elements are in and around
the Czech Republic (I see more housenumbers with addr:place than with addr:street)

So, I wonder if those users who create maps for this area found
a trick to make address search (with housenumbers) work?

@WanMil:
I must confess that I did not fully understand your initial post in 2013.

Gerd