logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] multi-word street search

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Thu Dec 11 14:56:21 GMT 2014

Hi Gerd

Thanks, lets make this file our test for the moment.  In particular:

> - search for "Paderew":
> + 1st hit: "Ignacego Paderewskiego"
> + followed by results like "Pallacowa", "Palmova","Pancerna", "6 I
> Brygady Pancernej Wojska Polskiego", "I Brygady Pancernej Wojska
> Polskiego(6)"
>   which seems to be a sorted list of roads containing the string "Pa"
>   ++ When I select "6 I Brygady Pancernej Wojska Polskiego", the street
> is not found
>   ++ When I select "I Brygady Pancernej Wojska Polskiego(6)" the street
> is found
>   ++ The name in OSM is ""I Brygady Pancernej Wojska Polskiego""
> + I DON'T see the one named "Ignacego Jana Paderewskiego" in this list

I tried it with the 'old' version and it was worse...

I notice that MdrCheck gives many errors, which might just be because
it is not fully understanding the new fields, or it may be a genuine
problem to look into.  So I will start there.

..Steve