logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v2] addr:interpolation

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Dec 9 15:38:03 GMT 2014

Hi all,

attached is v2.
It turned out to be quite complicated to interpret the data
provided with this tag, and I found only few places were this
helps to provide better data. On the other hand, I see no negative
effects besides the additional code complexity.

A good place to see how address search is improved is here:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/36787892#map=17/51.88859/-8.57449

With the trunk version, a search for 178 Rosewood lists several numbers,
e.g. 184, 170, 199 and so on. None is really correct.
The patched version shows exactly one entry, which is probably very close.
Same result with other numbers which do not appear as housenumbers.

A patched binary based on r3366 is here:
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/236/mkgmap.jar