logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] multi-word street search

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Mon Dec 8 15:57:16 GMT 2014

Hi Steve,

I have looked at "mixed-index" branch. I see I have repeated your idea,
only in a more crude way.

IMHO you could release this version without optimization for popular
words. This should be already usable.

I would add some ideas. For example you could split label not only on
spaces but on hyphen "-" too. This probably would help with German
streets and some hyphenated names.

As for detecting popular words, I think this should be done for each
language separately. Would be easier to analyze results and would help
in case where word has different meaning in different countries - it
could be deleted only in one language.

A note: I think original label should be always indexed. In current
version you won't find way named Calle in Germany:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/26258052

--
Best regards,
Andrzej