logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v1] addr:interpolation

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Dec 7 13:53:45 GMT 2014

Hi all,

attached is a 1st try to implement the evaluation of the
addr:interpolation tag.
In some areas this is heavily used, so it really improves address search.

addr-interpolation-v1.patch
<http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5826523/addr-interpolation-v1.patch>

The implementation is straight forward:
before style evaluation
- check for tag addr:interpolation, make sure the value is one of
"odd","even", or "all"
- if the way has two or more nodes with addr:housenumber=* and
addr:street=*,
the way is a candidate for the interpolation and a tag mkgmap:node-ids is
added to
the way to be able to find them later

after style evaluation:
- for each pair of housenumber nodes :
    calculate the positions of the interpolated housenumbers and
  generate a node containing the housenumber and streetname

I am not sure what to do with partly invalid data, e.g.
a way with addr:interpolation=odd in combination with more than two nodes,
the last
having an even number. The current implementation will generate odd nodes
for
all valid pairs in that way.

Effect: When searching for an address, it is more likely that you
will not be pointed to a much higher or lower number.
I did not notice an increase of img size.
I assume in a few areas the additional calulations may require more CPU
or memory, but the effect should be rather small.