logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] housenumbers and addr:interpolation

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Dec 1 21:43:15 GMT 2014

Hi WanMil,

I agree that we should not support undocumented tagging.
The question for me is whether the combination of
type=associatedStreet and members with role=house whch
have the addr:interpolation=* tag is documented.
I fear the wiki is not clear about this.

Regarding the normal use of addr:interpolation:
I'll add some code to check if the evaluation is useful.
I think it will improve results when the nodes of the
way have no addr:street tag. The tag value
in the addr:interpolation would also be interesting
when it is a number, e.g. a value 3 in combination
with housenumbers 2 and 20 mean 2,5,8,11,14,17,20,
while a value 2 means even.

I have no idea why someone would use that with numbers
like 18, so maybe all the data using numbers is wrong.

Gerd

WanMil wrote