logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] relation associatedStreet

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Dec 1 10:43:49 GMT 2014

Hi all,

attached is a patch to implement the evaluation.
Idea:
Evalute the street name and add a tag
mkgmap:street to all members of the
relation which seem to be houses.
This is done before the way or node members
are processed by the style.

I found a lot of special cases caused by wrong
OSM data or unclear specifications.
Many of the relations seem to be obsolete in my area
because of redundancy.
The HousenumberGenerator will print corresponding messages to the log.

Sample:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/53214
contains a relation as member which is not documented in the wiki,
but I think it can be used anyway.

A few relations don't contain any houses, e.g.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/307824
(they are ignored)

Some elements of these relations have a
tag addr:street with a different street name, e.g.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/65489730
(The patch will not change the handling of them)

This building is member of two relations:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/182040392
(not sure what to do with it, the patch will not change the handling of it)

Some relations have no effect because all house members
have a corresponding addr:street tag, e.g.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/2886266

This house probably has a wrong addr:street tag:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/245203798
as many more houses in the relation
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/3315084
The patch will not correct this wrong tag.

Gerd