logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Manage drive-on-left/drive-on-right in resources\LocatorConfig.xml

From Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com on Fri Nov 28 13:08:00 GMT 2014

Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com> writes:

> thanks for the info. I don't have a City Navigator map,
> but I think I understand now how it could work.
> I think tt would be very difficult to implement that in splitter
> but in mkgmap it would probably be possible to do
> it by changing the clipping methods.

splitter could just split to rectangles until small enough, and then the
clippign could be done producing two.  That would result in more tiles
than some polygon-aware splitter, but my guess is that the # of extra
tiles that could have been avoided will be low enough.