logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Manage drive-on-left/drive-on-right in resources\LocatorConfig.xml

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Nov 26 17:26:24 GMT 2014

Hi Colin,

Colin Smale wrote
> How can we make the behaviour deterministic where the map area covers
> both? For example, you can't make a rectangular box around the UK
> without including bits of France. If the splitter/mkgmap combo decides
> to start in the bottom right, the whole of the UK will be driving on the
> right. So I don't see when the "detect" option is realistically going to
> be useful. Between the UK and France there is a big bit of water, but
> there are many land borders between dor and dol countries. Can we get a
> combined map that contains both?

Yes, would be interesting to know how Garmin solves this problem
e.g. in Africa. I don't know how many roundabouts they have which
are likely to fall into a mixed area.
I think Steve said that it is possible to use boundary nodes which are
not all on a straight line, so it would be possible to cut a administrative
boundaries.