logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Manage drive-on-left/drive-on-right in resources\LocatorConfig.xml

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Wed Nov 26 15:50:55 GMT 2014

Hi Gerd,

I have assumed, that option --check-roundabout gets a new algorithm, the
one that you have described. I would prefer that use of "dol/dor"
counting was controlled by user and option --check-roundabouts looks
prefect for this purpose.

I think that flags in IMG should be consistent, the one you have
mentioned in NOD and a flag in TRE. So any decision about
drive-on-left/right should be taken once and should force setting of
both flags.

My idea is that user can select following processing:

- Automatic detection of left/right by using --check-roundabout with
options --drive-on-left/right as a fallback.

- Forced setting with option --drive-on-left/right alone.

- Default setting when no options are used. Defaults could be taken from
LocatorConfig.xml or simply set as drive-on-right (hope this is more
common).

This description also defines priority of processing, with "dol/dor"
counting as a first choice, but only if user set explicit option.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej