logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Driving on Trail

From SomeoneElse lists at atownsend.org.uk on Sun Nov 16 11:04:49 GMT 2014

On 16/11/2014 02:49, Brian Egge wrote:
> Frequently in areas where sidewalks are drawn, my GPS decides we are
> driving on the sidewalk and not on the road. When this happens it
> displays 'Driving on Trail'. I've verified the footways are tagged,
> and I've viewed the default style rule. I've double checked to make
> sure my GPS is in driving mode, which it is. I can't figure out anyway
> to have it ignore pedestrian routes, short of removing them from the
> map. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

When creating a map for the car, I _do_ remove stuff I don't want it to
think about navigating over (footways, paths, tracks without appropriate
access) from the .osm file that gets fed to mkgmap.  The idea is not
just to fix the problem that you're seeing, but also to just reduce data
to speed up route creation.

Cheers,

Andy