logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Eclipse

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Oct 26 09:28:03 GMT 2014

Hi Brian,

I played a little bit with the IvyDE plugin. It seems to work well :-)
Up to now I've always used the "Java Project from Existing Ant Buildfile" wizard,
which is not working that well.

If I got that right, the workflow to start the mkgmap project in Eclipse is this:
- svn checkout mkgmap
- run "ant resolve"
- use New|Java Project and specify either the project name (if mkgmap sources are
in the Eclipse workplace, or the path to the project.

I don't know if this is the common way to do it, maybe
it should be documented in a README.ECLIPSE ?

I am not so sure about the files in .settings
If I got you right these are meant to set the 1.7 source, but
they also override diverse other Eclipse settings, e.g. the levels
of compiler warnings. Is this intended?

Gerd

From: brianegge at gmail.com
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 21:49:20 -0400
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Eclipse

Hi Gerd,
When I run ‘ant resolve’, it downloads and places splitter.jar in './lib/optional/splitter-412.jar’. To use the jar in Eclipse, you can either add it to your classpath or use the IvyDE library. In the patch I made a reference to the IvyDE, but this only works if you have the plugin installed. In Eclipse, my path looks like this:

When I use Eclipse, I let it create it’s workspace in it’s default location. I keep all my projects in a completely different area and then create references to them in Eclipse.If I have multiple branches of a project, I can open them all in the same workspace.
It’s not clear to me how your Eclipse is referencing the jars downloaded from the ‘ant resolve’ phase.
If it’s simply the .classpath change that is causing difficultly, I’m happy to submit a patch without it. I usually don’t keep the .classpath under version control anyway.
Brian