logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] FW: mkgmap in NYC

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Oct 21 10:39:45 BST 2014

Just noticed that I sent this to Greg only...

Gerd

From: gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com
To: gdt at ir.bbn.com
Subject: RE: [mkgmap-dev] mkgmap in NYC
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 09:25:45 +0200

Hi Greg,

I thought about this. The precompiled bounds contain the needed info,
it is the LocationHook that fills the tags like mkgmap:admin_level6.
The LocationHook uses the --name-tag-list option to decide which
value is used.
It would be possible to fill an additional set of tags like
mkgmap:admin_level-alt-2 .. mkgmap:admin_level-alt-11,
but I don't see much use in this.
If I got it right, all we need for New York are a five rules like this:
mkgmap:country=USA & mkgmap:city!=* & mkgmap:admin_level5=New York City &
mkgmap:admin_level6=New York County { set mkgmap:city=Manhattan }
mkgmap:country=USA & mkgmap:city!=* & mkgmap:admin_level5=New York City &
mkgmap:admin_level6=Kings County { set mkgmap:city=Brooklyn }

With the additional alt_name values it would be one rule like this:
mkgmap:country=USA & mkgmap:city!=* & mkgmap:admin_level5=New York City {set mkgmap:city='${mkgmap:admin_level-alt-6}' }
(note that the rule doesn't check if the alt-name is filled)

Are there more places where this could be used?

Gerd