logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Can't split into big tiles

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Tue Oct 14 15:12:44 BST 2014

Hi Gerd,

maybe it was my fault, I can't repeat the problem with split into 50M
nodes. Now I get 5 tiles which is ok. Probably my previous input data
contained duplicated ID numbers.

As for split with --num-tiles=5, I get info:
"Polygons are ignored because parameter --num-tiles is used"
I guess it is about --polygon-file parameter.

If bounding poly is not used, then tiles can be bigger. I think you
could convert polygon into bounding box to limit area. Without bounding
poly, calculated aspect ratio is of no use for tiles at boundary.

I'm attaching logs for splitting, there was no densities-out.txt.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej