logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] barrier=lift_gate

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Mon Aug 11 12:10:21 BST 2014

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 12:18:03PM +0200, Gerd Petermann wrote:
>sounds not bad. We could remove the --link-pois-to-ways option.
>The style author can decide whether to display the barrier and
>only those nodes with mkgmap:barrier=yes are considered
>for routing.

Right. Could the processing of mkgmap:barrier also consider other tags
that might be set on the node? For example, there could be a shallow
steel rail on the road side that is trivial to cross for the majority of
pedestrians. I guess it should be considered as a barrier for bicycles,
even though it is possible to lift the bicycle over and continue riding.

Currently these two paths are detached from the main road and the end
nodes are tagged as noexit=yes, which prevents even pedestrian routing:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/443718771
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/443718772

I think that I should tag the nodes with barrier=something,foot=yes and
connect the paths to the main road, and expect the routing to only be
allowed for pedestrians.

	Marko