logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap build greater than 3113 routes through barriers with access=no

From Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com on Wed Aug 6 12:44:18 BST 2014

Paulo Carvalho <paulo.r.m.carvalho at gmail.com> writes:

>    Just checking: did you remember to use the --link-pois-to-ways option in
> your compile command?  Also, did you place the barrier node apart from the
> way or did you format a way node as a barrier? (the latter is preferable, I
> think.)

As I understand it, the semantics of OSM are that a barrier node in a
way does control access.  So it's a bug if mkgmap by default does not
produce a map that respects that.  Essentially, I'm arguing that
--link-pois-to-ways should default to on, following the principle that
there is a correct garmin representation of OSM semantics and that this
correct representation should be the default.