logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] bounds branch

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Aug 5 11:56:47 BST 2014

Hi Mira,

thanks for the feedback. Yes, it is stll work in progress.
I first want to fix the errors that came up in trunk.

This is from an email I wrote to Steve and WanMil on July 21,
short before I did a longer cycle tour:

"Reg. the bounds branch:
The creation of preprocessed bounds is ~40% faster with the branch,
it produces slightly smaller bnd files, also the BoundaryDiff tool
is faster. I don't want to merge it now because I will not be awailable to
fix problems.

Reg. the small_first-v1.patch
I noticed that the patch sometimes changes the produced img file,
so it seems that the order matters, but I did not yet find the time
to analyse the details.
It also seems that the sorting doesn't always improve throughput,
maybe this also depends on the kind of shapes (inner,outer?)
I am using the Oregon area for testing as it contains complex
mp-rels like 1414848.
It seems that run time for this area is very unstable, I saw
a range of 30 seconds for the same set of 10 input files,
this is something else I want to analyse.
"

Gerd

Jaromír Mikeš wrote