logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] help needed

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Sun Aug 3 11:35:02 BST 2014

Hi Gerd,

I have searched a bit and my conclusion is that almost no software use
geodesics (big circle) to connect points. The general idea is, that
shape of a line between points is undefined. Software simply draws
straight line in current projection. It is up to creator of input data
to supply enough nodes to preserve real shape of an object.

cGPSmapper does the same, it split long line as a straight line in WGS84.

I think mkgmap can take the same approach.

Does mkgmap preserve crossing points for non-routable lines? In case of
a grid this should be enough to preserve shape of a grid, assuming that
crossings are included in source data.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej