logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] help needed

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Aug 2 12:23:45 BST 2014

Hi Henning,

you are probably right, maybe the decision also depends
on the avg. latitude.

FYI:
we are talking about two different distances:
1) The distance between two points on earth
2) The (shortest) distance between a given point
and a (great circle) path between two other points.

The algo for 2) uses the results from 1).
In some cases even very small errors in 1) result
in rather big errors in 2). The same problem
occurs when we calculate angles.

Gerd

osm-8 wrote