logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] help needed

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Jul 31 17:41:18 BST 2014

Hi Andrzej,

thanks for the hints, I'll have a look at them tomorrow. I think
"Spherical versus ellipsoidal model" as a reason is unlikely, the difference
should
be < 1 %, not ~50%
Today I looked at various webpages which calculate the distance between
two points, e.g. airports. It is quite funny how different the results are,
probably because some are using R=6371 km and others 6378.135 m or
values between.

Gerd

popej wrote